Thursday 13 October 2016

Excuses, Excuses!



Feeling guilty not to have posted anything for a few days.   I have not got the knack of research yet, I may find the relevant details I need very quickly, but then I move onto the totally irrelevant details.  Found myself reading the entire Ant Wars strip from 2000AD because it was there.  I’ll have, at the very least, a bit of a catch up post tomorrow and the second part of the 2000AD Sports Strips series very quickly after that.

In the meantime I’m off to a Philosophy class this morning and am then off to Tyrone see an old friend who is home from Australia.  It's a hard life.  To keep things moving, here is a cover from one of the finest weekly comics ever to be published.



Leo Baxendale and Ken Reid at their absolute best, Marvel Superheroes and the Batman Newspaper strip (later in the run) and some of the strangest British adventure strips you can find.  For a couple of years when I was six and seven the delivery of SMASH! was the highlight of my week.  It would get even better when it merged with Pow! and Mike Higgs’ Cloak strip joined the rest.   More about this great comic to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment